Thursday, July 2, 2009

Last Two Days in Japan

Thursday, June 18
We enjoyed a free day in Tokyo. Casey, Jay, Jesse, Drew, Yuko, and I walked around the downtown area and sat in a park. At night, after a dinner with our host families, we all went to karoake. I sang Sinatra/Cole Porter's "I've Got You Under My Skin."

Friday, June 19
During the afternoon, we sang at an outdoor concert in the business district of Tokyo. That night, we sang our final gig in Japan: a concert at a private club in downtown Tokyo. In attendance: my host mother, her friend, the former CEO of Sony, and about forty others. After the show and dinner, we got to talk with the guests. Jesse and I chatted with the CEO about his children and grandchildren. Fun!

Saturday, June 20
A roller-coaster of a day. At a train station in Tokyo at around 6 AM, we tearfully said goodbye to our caring and generous hosts in Japan. We boarded a train to take us to the airport, where we then said goodbye to our tremendously helpful tour guides, Jody and Yuko. We then left Japan and flew to Beijing, China.

1 comment:

  1. "I've got you under my skin" was my callback song for Proof! Aw.

    ReplyDelete